- Determine what you want to do. Often newcomers, because of their inexperience and desire to get more orders, begin to take on everything. For example, one specialist offers his services in programming, creating chat bots, website design, writing articles and term papers, tutoring and so on. Most likely, it will be difficult for such a novice freelancer to get his first highly paid order, as the customer creates an opinion about his non-professional attitude. Choose one specialty and develop in it.
- Take care of the design of your profile. It does not matter where you are looking for orders, in telegram or on the stock exchange. In your profile description, add a short story about yourself and list your main services. If you have enough space, provide your quotes. Be attentive to the selection of an avatar. It should be a photo that reflects you as a specialist.
- Make up a portfolio. Even if you are a novice freelancer, you should have a portfolio. A few jobs are enough to make up an impression of you. It’s quite easy to make your first work. Find references (projects that you like) to your specialization. Try to repeat them by experimenting and adding your own corrections. It won’t take long to make the first portfolio, but it will bring you good results.
- Come up with a good response. Here’s another lifejack. Create a message template for your response according to all the rules. Add to it a link to your portfolio, contacts and, if available, feedback. In the template you will need to add only suggestions related to the new task. This template will help you to significantly reduce the time for writing a quality response.
- Decide on the cost. Decide for yourself how much your work should cost. It’s not hard for a novice freelancer to do that. Calculate how long it will take you to complete the task and make corrections, then multiply the number of hours by the desired cost of your hour. More details about freelance pricing will be discussed in one of our next articles.
- Write more responses. The more you write quality feedback, the more likely it is that you will be selected as an artist in one of the orders. You only need to respond to orders that you are sure you can handle.
- Constantly improve your business. The last and most important advice as a beginner to earn on the freelance is to constantly improve your skills. Watch developing youtube channels, communicate on thematic forums, do various lessons, participate in webinars. The more you learn, the more professional and highly paid you become. Also don’t forget to regularly add new works to your portfolio!
Thank you for finishing the article! Following our advice, you will definitely get your first order!
Have a good customer and a profitable job.